Federal Skilled Trades Program
The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) is for people who want to become permanent residents of Canada based on being qualified in a skilled trade.
Important Note: As of January, 1, 2015 candidates for the Federal Skilled Trades Program will be selected to apply through the Express Entry System. If you have applied before January 1, 2015, your application will be considered according to the former system.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Have at least 2 years of full-time work experience in an eligible skilled trade; · Meet minimum language levels in English or French;
- Have an offer of full-time employment for a total of at least one year; or · Have a certificate of qualification in your skilled trade issued by a province or territory
- Work experience : Your work experience must be in a trade that is part of Skill Level B in the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC).
- You must have had that work experience during the last 5 years.
- CLB 5 (English) or NCLC 5 (French) for speaking and listening, and
- CLB 4 (English) or NCLC 4 (French) for reading and writing.