Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
This class is for people with skilled work experience in Canada.
Important Note: As of January, 1, 2015 candidates for the Canadian Experience Class program will be selected to apply through the Express Entry System. If you have applied before January 1, 2015, your application will be considered according to the former system.
- Have at least 1 year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada;
- Apply within 3 years of obtaining your skilled work experience;
- Have had legal status while working, or studying, in Canada; · Meet minimum language levels in English or French; and
- Plan to live outside the province of Quebec.
Your work experience must be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A(professional occupations) or Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC).
- NOC 0 or A job, the minimum level is CLB 7 (English) or NCLC 7 (French).
- NOC B job, the minimum level is CLB 5 (English) or NCLC 5 (French).